Sherdi: The Sleeping Sands
Handsome, young battlemind
Atherton Ceurelian Wing, level 1 Half-Elf, Battlemind Build: Quick Battlemind Psionic Study: Speed of Thought Background: Society - Noble (+2 to Diplomacy) Languages: Common, Elven, Deepspeach FINAL ABILITY SCORES Str 8, Con 18, Dex 13, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 18. STARTING ABILITY SCORES Str 8, Con 16, Dex 13, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 16. AC: 19 Fort: 14 Reflex: 13 Will: 16 HP: 33 Surges: 13 Surge Value: 8 TRAINED SKILLS Arcana +5, Bluff +11, Diplomacy +13 UNTRAINED SKILLS Acrobatics -1, Dungeoneering, Endurance +2, Heal, History, Insight +2, Intimidate +4, Nature, Perception, Religion, Stealth -1, Streetwise +4, Thievery -1, Athletics -3 FEATS Feat User Choice: Mark of the Keeper, Adept Dilettante POWERS Battlemind at-will 1: Twisted Eye Battlemind at-will 1: Whirling Defense Dilettante: Recovery Strike Battlemind daily 1: Steel Unity Strike ITEMS Scale Armor, Heavy Shield, Scourge, Backpack (empty), Bedroll, Fine Clothing, Flint and Steel, Hempen Rope (50 ft.), Sunrod (2)
Connections to other characters:
Related to (Half-Elf Sorcerer). Ceurelian’s grandfather also happens to be the father of the Half-Elf Sorcerer. This is not known.
Ceurelian has a fair amount in common with Ghost. Lust for power (and in general), greed, deception. Deepspeach helps as well.
His comfort around Ghost could be a source of tension with just about any other party member.
Ceurelian stands at 6 feet, 2 inches, tall for a half-elf and most other races. His blond hair is long and well-kept for a man of his profession. Strange markings cover his face, mistaken for tattoos by most who meet him. Of these he is very proud. Dark skin, dark eyes.
In battle he wears scale armor, protects himself with a heavy metal shield, and torments his enemies with a scourge (will eventually switch to a triple-headed flail with the appropriate feat but will “flavor” it to just be an over-sized scourge).
The poorly-bred son of nobles, Atherton Ceurelian Wing got what he wanted and never bothered to believe there was anything unusual about this. His father is a well-mannered diplomat for the city/kingdom. His mother is the bastard daughter of a lady of another house and an elf who passed by one day long ago. Despite her unfortunate origin, her family did its best to pretend this was not a problem and, after falling in love with the woman, Ceurelian’s father’s family would as well. Ceurelian has two 18-year-old twin sisters, both very dedicated servants of Bahamut. Ceurelian never felt the same love for the dragon god, but he always had a bit of an overprotective-older-brother-complex towards the girls.
Early in his life Ceurelian showed the gift of psionic power. His delighted family sent him off to a school in another city where he could learn to focus his powers into something useful and ultimately bring great honor to the House of Wing. The young man eagerly went off, excited to further develop his power, but mostly to just show it off.
At this school Ceurelian made a lot of “friends,” though he only really cared for three of them. Hars is a changeling telepath who’s ability to blend in and control others Ceurelian always admired. Damaia is a young tiefling ardent who’s company Ceurelian always enjoyed. Then there was Damaia’s handsome brother Barakas.
Always arrogant, Ceurelian wasn’t a hit with the instructors, who saw his startling lack of humility as a parasite on his soul that would not die. He was a reckless student, often trying out things he had heard in class or read in a book once without bothering to actually understand it. He would attempt to perform rituals he did not understand that were well beyond his ability. Twice he was caught sneaking around the areas off-limits to students and reprimanded. His father had to intervene once to keep him from being thrown out.
The third time he went searching for forbidden lore he was not caught. He somehow convinced Hars to take his form and get caught first, then snuck in while everyone was distracted. Ceurelian found some fascinating stuff that night and could see why he was not supposed to. Damaia and Barakas were quite upset with him after learning of this.
Their falling out only encouraged Ceurelian’s destructive behavior. He became even more reckless, practicing with Hars the things he had discovered. Eventually the two dared to complete a ritual to the Keeper of Secrets in hopes of further expanding their power. This resulted in a mark across his face, a horrified look on the faces of his instructors the next day, and a prompt expulsion from the school and abandonment by his family. Hars was never implicated.
These days he fights with a group of mercenaries/marauders, acting as their negotiator. He goes by his middle name to avoid his old life. He wields a scourge because he finds the way it hurts others entertaining.
And now, the questionnaire!Where was the character born?
- I am unsure of the locations in the campaign setting, but he was born to a noble family in a more heavily populated region.
- Remarkably pleasant for a child of this world.
- Some sort of psionic school or training ground.
- With the rest of the marauders/mercenaries.
- Negotiating, guard.
- Disowned. Makes a comfortable enough living with his work
- Wears scale armor, dresses sort of like a male prostitute when not. Think Vaan from FFXII. Appreciates fine art but does not know much about it.
- Fruits, perhaps because he so rarely finds them these days.
- Meeting new people and discovering all the things he can get out of them.
- Hedonism, work, battle.
- Greedy, confident. He is cocky but also very calm, fully believing he will inevitably receive everything he wants. His personality could be summed up perfectly as “but…me.”
- Outgoing, greedy (more for power than for wealth).
- Doesn’t particularly like cold weather, which ties into one of his superstitions. Kind towards animals and children, but only if they are cute. Has a thing for tieflings and bladelings (it’s the horns/spikes).
- Believes negotiations go more smoothly the less clothing he manages to be wearing at the time.
- Direction in life, responsibility.
- After his disownment, briefly pondering what his life might become.
- Being disowned by his family and banished from his school.
- A young tiefling psion named Barakas. The romance flared passionately and in secret (two other friends at the time knew of it) but ended rather painfully for both during the events that led to Ceurelian’s exile. These days Ceurelian would stop at almost nothing to avoid meeting him again. DRAMA!!!!!
- These days he avoids “romantic” entanglements.
- Friends are treated very well. While remarkably self-absorbed, Ceurelian is very protective of and loyal to those he actually finds himself caring about. Lovers are also treated well as they tend to treat him similarly. He considers his current boss a friend but has difficulty following orders. Servants are for the most part ignored as long as they do what is expected of them.
- Those with power deserve it and have every right to use it as they see fit.
- Ceurelian has prayed to many gods at various points. He favors Corellon, Kord, Asmodeus, Bane, Tiamat, and Vecna.
- A ruby cut into a thin, rectangular prism, hung on a silver chain and worn as a necklace.
- A small dog belongs to one of his companions but tends to spend more time at his side.
- From his perspective: a dragon’s horde (complete with the dragon he gets to kill). From the perspective of everyone else: to get over himself already.
- A reunion with anyone from his old school or his family.